Date:Monday January 23 2006
Speaking to the Evening Gazette today Oyston revealed that out of the four bidders for the club only Belakon is still in the running, commenting on the other three he expressed that “you could chalk all three off,'
The Evening Gazette, which has been at the forefront on the possible takeovers over the past few weeks has been evolved, with local businessman David Haythonthwaite using the local publication to go public on his bid, a move which wasn’t welcomed by the Oyston family.
Oyston commented all four bids to the Evening Gazette:
'As it stands, the Latvian offer is the only one that has any life in it, unless any of the others regroup and come back and show us that we can take them seriously.
The Latvians have a number of ideas. I am going out there tomorrow to continue discussions and continue the whole process.'
sked why nothing had been heard on the takeover front recently, the chairman replied: 'It's not gone quiet at all. It's just that the only consortium that we are working with, that we are able to work with, is the Latvian one.
Their accountants arrived at the weekend to begin due diligence – which is what any company does before any kind of investment or takeover.
They are looking at the club's books and they attended the match on Saturday. So it is moving forward as quickly as these things do.'
'With David Haythornthwaite it is very simple. David needs to prove that he has got some money. All he has done so far is sign a confidentiality clause and then attempted to negotiate yet again through the press. He admitted that he didn't have the money last time to buy the club and it seems to me that he is now desperately trying to assemble a consortium of people to put some money in to prove to us he has the funds.”
'I wish him the best of luck with that but you would have thought it would have made good sense to do that before he went public or made an offer. I think if he had the money he would have proved that by now so I think it is dependent on others now.”
'As for the Russian property developers we have not heard anything from them.
The interest was there initially and we had a meeting with their Blackpool agents who told us they were very keen. They said they were going over to Bulgaria and we've not heard from them since”
'The situation with Reg Brealey was that there was an initial approach. We went for dinner with Reg and I asked him to put his proposals to us and we've heard nothing since. I did send him some facts and figures but there has been no contact since and I would say we can chalk that one off.'
The saga continues…
Date:Monday January 23 2006
Blackpool - FSF's May Newsletter (Friday May 29 2015)
Blackpool Reject Takeover Offer (Friday May 29 2015)
Ferguson Looks Forward To 2015-16 (Friday May 29 2015)
McDonald And Westley Favourites (Wednesday May 27 2015)
If Blackpool Made Pub Teams! (Wednesday May 27 2015)
Blackpool Know 2015-16 Opponents (Monday May 25 2015)
Aldred Steps Up Recovery (Thursday May 21 2015)
Blackpool Handed FA Charge (Wednesday May 20 2015)
More Talent Departing (Wednesday May 20 2015)
Blackpool Release Seventeen Players (Tuesday May 19 2015)
|Owls in Playoffs 10th Anniversary - Exclusive Fan Story
» Sheff Wed : 29/05/2015 19:00:01
|LUFC Bamba could still make permanent Leeds switch
» Leeds Utd : 29/05/2015 19:00:00
|Trio Of Defenders Linked
» Cardiff : 29/05/2015 18:46:01
|Competition For Halford
» Brighton : 29/05/2015 18:06:00
|Owls Playoff Victory 10th Anniversary - Match Report
» Sheff Wed : 29/05/2015 18:00:00