Date:Saturday July 14 2007
Here's a round up of the latest news from the Championship:
* Huddersfield look set to sign Barnsley left back Robbie Williams, ironically with the funds that Pool used to sign Gary Taylor-Fletcher. Williams was of course on loan at Pool last season and was high on Simon Grayson's lists of targets, but was priced out of a permanent move to the seaside by the Tykes.
* Bristol City have signed Wolves midfielder Michael McIndoe for an undisclosed fee. The 27 year old midfielder has signed a three year contract at Ashton Gate.
* Burnley have re-signed Robbie Blake from Leeds for an initial fee of £250,000. The striker played for the Clarets between 2002 and 2005, scoring 51 goals in 137 appearances.
* Cardiff are rumoured to be chasing the signature of Birmingham striker DJ Campbell as they look to replace Michael Chopra, who has joined Sunderland for £5 million.
* Colchester have appointed Micky Adams as the club's new assistant manager, replacing Ray Harford. However, the club look set to lose club captain Wayne Brown, who is in talks with Hull over a £400,000 move. Meanwhile, Hull are also set to sign striker Christian Nade from Sheffield United in a deal believed to be around the £500,000 mark.
* Coventry have completed the signing of Birmingham winger Julian Gray on a free transfer. The midfielder has signed a two year deal.
* Ipswich have re-signed Spanish striker Pablo Counago from Malaga. The 27-year-old forward hit 31 goals in 99 appearances during his previous four-year stint at the club.
* Leicester have made their 11th new signing of the summer by securing the services of midfielder Stephen Clemence from Birmingham for a fee of £1 million.
* Norwich have completed the signing of Czech striker David Strihavka from Banik Ostrava for an undisclosed fee. The 24 year old scored 13 goals in 28 games for Ostrava last season and is Norwich's sixth summer signing.
* QPR have rejected an offer of £1.5 million from Fulham for young winger Lee Cook. Hoops chairman Gianni Paladini told BBC London 94.9: 'He's got a two-year contract and he's a QPR player - end of story.' Fulham have however completed the signing of Southampton full back Chris Baird for a fee just over £3,000,000.
* Rotherham have completed the signing of Sheffield Wednesday centre half Graham Coughlan. The 32-year-old has agreed a two-year deal with the Millers after leaving the Owls earlier this month.
* Finally, Stoke have confirmed they will play Real Madrid in a pre-season friendly. The Potters will face the Spanish giants on 27 July in Irdning, as part of their pre-season build-up in Austria.
Date:Saturday July 14 2007
FA Cup 3rd Round (Sunday December 8 2013)
Stats: Derby v Blackpool (Sunday December 8 2013)
On this day 1952 (Sunday December 8 2013)
Stats: Yeovil v Blackpool (Thursday December 5 2013)
Man of the Match (Saturday November 30 2013)
Next up (Saturday November 30 2013)
Stats: Blackpool v Sheffield Wednesday (Saturday November 30 2013)
Poll Your results (Friday November 29 2013)
Ince back on the touchline,O`Hara deal off! (Thursday November 28 2013)
Ince back on saturday (Thursday November 28 2013)
|4. Derby County||19||10||4||5||14||34|
|8. Leeds Utd||19||9||3||7||6||30|
|Fraud Police Investigate DJ's Ipswich Booking
» Ipswich : 09/12/2013 17:50:00
|Harry: We're Taking It Seriously
» Q.P.R. : 09/12/2013 16:04:00
|Royston glad to be back in the fold
» Reading : 09/12/2013 16:00:00
|Former Birmingham Player Arrested
» Birmingham : 09/12/2013 15:21:00
|Another Big Blow for Birmingham
» Birmingham : 09/12/2013 15:04:00
|Barnsley`s Next Manager
» Barnsley : 09/12/2013 13:03:00
|Player Ratings - Bournemouth (H)
» Reading : 09/12/2013 13:00:00