Date:Saturday July 14 2007
Here's a round up of the latest news from the Championship:
* Huddersfield look set to sign Barnsley left back Robbie Williams, ironically with the funds that Pool used to sign Gary Taylor-Fletcher. Williams was of course on loan at Pool last season and was high on Simon Grayson's lists of targets, but was priced out of a permanent move to the seaside by the Tykes.
* Bristol City have signed Wolves midfielder Michael McIndoe for an undisclosed fee. The 27 year old midfielder has signed a three year contract at Ashton Gate.
* Burnley have re-signed Robbie Blake from Leeds for an initial fee of £250,000. The striker played for the Clarets between 2002 and 2005, scoring 51 goals in 137 appearances.
* Cardiff are rumoured to be chasing the signature of Birmingham striker DJ Campbell as they look to replace Michael Chopra, who has joined Sunderland for £5 million.
* Colchester have appointed Micky Adams as the club's new assistant manager, replacing Ray Harford. However, the club look set to lose club captain Wayne Brown, who is in talks with Hull over a £400,000 move. Meanwhile, Hull are also set to sign striker Christian Nade from Sheffield United in a deal believed to be around the £500,000 mark.
* Coventry have completed the signing of Birmingham winger Julian Gray on a free transfer. The midfielder has signed a two year deal.
* Ipswich have re-signed Spanish striker Pablo Counago from Malaga. The 27-year-old forward hit 31 goals in 99 appearances during his previous four-year stint at the club.
* Leicester have made their 11th new signing of the summer by securing the services of midfielder Stephen Clemence from Birmingham for a fee of £1 million.
* Norwich have completed the signing of Czech striker David Strihavka from Banik Ostrava for an undisclosed fee. The 24 year old scored 13 goals in 28 games for Ostrava last season and is Norwich's sixth summer signing.
* QPR have rejected an offer of £1.5 million from Fulham for young winger Lee Cook. Hoops chairman Gianni Paladini told BBC London 94.9: 'He's got a two-year contract and he's a QPR player - end of story.' Fulham have however completed the signing of Southampton full back Chris Baird for a fee just over £3,000,000.
* Rotherham have completed the signing of Sheffield Wednesday centre half Graham Coughlan. The 32-year-old has agreed a two-year deal with the Millers after leaving the Owls earlier this month.
* Finally, Stoke have confirmed they will play Real Madrid in a pre-season friendly. The Potters will face the Spanish giants on 27 July in Irdning, as part of their pre-season build-up in Austria.
Date:Saturday July 14 2007
Baps Trots Off. (Wednesday May 22 2013)
Goodbye Evo, or Au Revoir? (Thursday May 9 2013)
Reebok Ground Guide (Friday May 3 2013)
Diamond Discount Continues (Friday May 3 2013)
Blackpool v Derby County (Sunday April 28 2013)
Blackpool v Burnley (Sunday April 14 2013)
Nottingham Forest (Friday April 5 2013)
Blackburn v Blackpool (Saturday March 30 2013)
T'Rovers Away (Thursday March 28 2013)
Blackpool v Peterborough (Sunday March 17 2013)
|13. Leeds Utd||46||17||10||19||-9||61|
|18. Sheff Wed||46||16||10||20||-8||58|
|Boro track Pools ace
» Middlesbrough : 25/05/2013 16:36:00
|Opposing View: Crystal Palace
» Watford : 25/05/2013 14:00:00
|The Vital Forest Fan Interview: Woody
» Forest : 25/05/2013 13:09:00
|Prison warders among Deeney's Wembley guests
» Watford : 25/05/2013 12:45:00
|Will there be Trouble at Mills?
» Burnley : 25/05/2013 12:42:00
|Sammon Aims For More Goals
» Derby County : 25/05/2013 12:00:00
|LUFC On This Day - 25th May
» Leeds Utd : 25/05/2013 09:42:00