Premier League Top of the Pops
Over the last few weeks we've been asking you to vote for your top ten favourite moments of last season, and the results are finally in... here is your Premier League Top Ten:
10. The first home game in the Premier League: Fulham at home, a full house, a great performance, but ultimately a late goal costing us three points.
9. The Newcastle win that was dedicated to Parky: The team were in tears before the game as news of Parky's stroke broke, but they put in an incredible display to record a famous 2-0 win at St. James'.
8. Beating Liverpool at home: Kenny Dalglish's first Premier League game back in charge of the Reds ended in disaster as a DJ Campbell goal secured a famous, famous win at Bloomfield Road. It was deserved as well.
7. PNE getting relegated: Not a Premier League moment per se, but always good for a laugh.
6. Beating Bolton 4-3 in the final home game: One of the most incredible games of football you will ever see. Shame that it was ultimately in vain.
5. Brett scoring v Spurs: Not only did his goal v Spurs seal the three points, but it also meant that Brett became the first 'Pool player to score at every level for the club.
4. The 'Pool being praised by many pundits: Even though we went down, we caught everyone's imaginations. We hadn't been treated with such respect for a long, long time.
3. Defying the critics for the most part: Nearly everyone thought we'd struggle horrendously, but by the end nearly everyone was rooting for us to stay up.
2. Beating Wigan 4-0 and topping the table: An incredible day. Those few hours that we were the best team in England for were magical.
1. Beating Liverpool at Anfield: The runaway winner. We tore them apart early doors before defending like superheroes to ensure that we got the job done.